Want to stay in touch? Sign up for our mailing list. Please make sure your email address is correct as we have had some emails undeliverable.
Read the latest news happening in PHA or find out current events we are holding or sponsoring in our arena.
Want to become and members or just want to print out the lastest flyer for an event you are planning on attending, we have it all right here.
Aug. 1st, 2019
Good Morning Members,
This email will have a lot of important information so please take the time to read it in its entirety.
1) We will be holding a Gymkhana show this Sunday August 4th and will need snack bar help. Our first show back last month, we had 65 riders and around 150 people all together and we were overwhelmed at the snack bar and sold out of everything. That is a great accomplishment! But...we need help this Sunday. Please members, can you volunteer a little bit of time?
2) Our next general/board meeting will be next Tuesday, August 6th at the Ihop Restaurant in Chico beginning promptly at 6:00pm. If you would like to order dinner, please try to arrive by 5:30 to place your order. We have much to discuss and we really need our members to attend and begin participating in your club decisions!
3)Horse Festival/Grand Reopening September 29th. This event promises to be huge draw for the community and beyond and we need HELP! We will discuss this in detail at the meeting Tuesday, so please attend.
4)The Town of Paradise has recently been declared "rural". This may be the time for horse owners(property owners) in the Town Limits to attend the monthly Town meetings and seek to change some of the zoning rules to allow livestock within the town limits once again. The Town boasts a beautiful horse arena and many trails in the area which would make the Ridge an ideal place to have horses. In upper Magalia such as Humbug, Nimshew and Coutolenc areas... there are many horses and more continue to move in with horses. The same can happen in Paradise if equestrians have a voice. Be that Voice! We need a few Equestrian Paradise residents/property owners to step-up and spearhead this effort. Paradise Horsemen's Association will be in full support with anything we can do.
4) We have new t-shirts and ball caps with our new logos for purchase. We will have available at our meeting on Tuesday and at our Gymkhana Show on Sunday.
5) Not interested in Gymkhana events? Bring some other options/events to our arena. We need volunteers to make this happen.
6) Your current board is getting very tired and worn...we need younger members to begin to step up and take some responsibility and pride in YOUR Paradise Arena and Club! We have board positions becoming available the end of this year and we will need them filled.
7) Find attached to this email, the agenda for Tuesday meeting, Minutes from April and June meetings and the flier for the Horse Festival. Please print and post the flier at various feed and tack stores.
8)If you made it this far...THANK YOU for taking the time to read through this! Hope to see you Sunday at our Gymkhana show and/or our PHA meeting on Tuesday evening.
NO EVENTS SCHEDULED YET FOR OUR ARENA DUE TO THE CAMP FIRE DESTRUCTION.
The Paradise Horsemen's Association will be holding some great family filled fun gymkhana shows. This year we will be holding not only Gymkhana Shows, but several Match Race Jackpot Shows as well. These shows, we run four events, jackpot all of them and then take the 8 fastest riders in each event, and hold match races. One event will also be a Novice race for our Rookie Riders.! We also offer a snack bar along with free dry camping for those spending the night. This year we are also holding a Summer Buckle Series for our riders! Come on out to the Paradise Horse Arena for some good times!
Please follow us on Facebook for the most current club information about any of our programs. We have Facebook scrolling below on this home page of website. We look forward to seeing everyone in 2018.
Your business card could be posted below with sponsorship!
Check out all of the benefits of our sponsorship program! We are so thankful for your support of our various programs. It is because of our generous sponsors that we are able to provide great awards to our riders! Please consider sponsoring PHA this year!
As always we would like to send out a big thanks to all of our sponsors. It is with their help that we are able to put on some awesome Buckle Series Shows! Please take the time and let them know this support is appreciated.
**2018 Gymkhana Sponsors: (As of May 23, 2018)**
Chico Merry Maids (530)342-4100
Stohlman Equine Services (530)353-5809
Remax of Chico-Shane Collins (530)518-1413
All About Equine-(530)342-0725
Hair Medley Salon-(530)873-0657
P.I.N.G. Paradise Instructional Nursing Group (530)520-7948
C & C Custom Graphics (530)354-8943
Lynn's Touch Of Hope Massage (530) 520-0597
Pacific Trail Insulation (530)518-3151
Diamond W Western Wear (530)891-1650
Scott & Rose Clifford(In memory of "Carrots")
2017 Gymkhana sponsors:
Chico Merry Maids (530)342-4100
Paradise Auto Body & Frame (530)872-8060
Back at the Ranch (Carharrt Retailer) (530)877-4461
Foothill Mill & Lumber Co. (530)877-3395
Chico Creek Insurance Services (530)636-0241
Lynn's Touch of Hope Massage (530)520-0597
PING (Paradise Instructional Nursing Group (530)520-7948
Paradise Screen Print (530)872-4111
Nails by Dawn (530)873-0657
Payless 4 Wheel Drive (530)895-8787
Hair Medley (530)873-0657
All About Equine/Pets (530)342-0725
Here are the current current PHA Forms
Membership Form for 2018